Portland, Oregon — May 11, 2023
Leading digital marketing agency Logical Position (LP) kicked off 2023 on a high note with multiple awards and accolades, most notably being recognized by the 2022 American Business Awards® as the winner of a Gold Stevie® Award in the Marketing Campaign of the Year – Gaming & E-Sports category. The agency’s first quarter achievements also showcase the expertise of its thought leaders who offered invaluable advice to businesses in the eCommerce, marketing, and advertising space.
Following is an overview of LP highlights from the first quarter of 2023:
Industry Awards and Recognition
- Named a Gold Stevie® Award Winner in 2022 American Business Awards® — The American Business Awards are the U.S.A.’s premier business awards program recognizing organizations of all types and the people behind them. LP was acknowledged in the Marketing Campaign of the Year – Gaming & E-Sports category. Learn more here.
- Named 2022 Microsoft Advertising Partner Award Finalist — The Microsoft Advertising Partner Awards celebrate the great work of marketing teams and individuals behind some of the most impactful and creative work. LP was a finalist in the Independent Partner of the Year, Retail Team of the Year, and Channel Partner of the Year categories.
Featured Expertise and Events
- Presented at SEMpdx — LP’s Matt Bown, associate director of enterprise client services, shared his 2023 marketing predictions with Portland-area digital marketing experts during a SEMpdx panel in January.
- Hosted LP Partner Connect — The inaugural LP Partner Connect event at the agency’s headquarters brought together 16 preferred partners, six speakers, and more than 200 employees for a day of learning and networking. A wealth of knowledge was shared and gained, and attendees were awarded cash prizes.
- Published on Small Business Currents — Following last year’s “Turkey Five,” the shopping period between Thanksgiving and Cyber Monday, LP’s Matt Bowen wrote an article for Small Business Currents that reviewed the data, including how it will set the tone for 2023. Read the article here.
- Hosted an Advertiser Summit in Partnership with Google — Google and LP co-hosted the Advertiser Summit in Los Angeles, which presented an opportunity for top clients to connect face-to-face with account strategists from Google and discuss growth plans.
- Published on the B2B Ecommerce Association Website — In an effort to help businesses understand Google’s new core update, LP’s Ryan Garrow, director of partnerships and client solutions, shared helpful takeaways examining how leaders can maintain their website presence. Read the article here.
- Published on CPA Practice Advisor — In February, Matt Bowen shared valuable insights with accounting businesses on how to use marketing strategies to generate year-round revenue that goes beyond the tax season. Read the article here.
- Published on The Current for Ecommerce — Nick Tursi, LP’s manager of SEO strategy, offered advice on how Google Analytics 4, the platform’s newest update, will affect eCommerce brands in July 2023. Read the interview here.
Employee Experience Initiatives
- Hosted Third Annual Cube Awards — LP’s Cube Awards celebrate the agency’s outstanding employees and the work they do not only for clients, but also the value they bring to the LP team. Management has the opportunity to nominate their employees for awards in various categories, with executive leadership declaring the winners. In total, there were 84 nominees across seven general categories, with two winners per category. The event also featured live virtual music acts and $5,000 in prize giveaways.
- Volunteered at the Sunshine Division — In January, LP’s HQ office employees used their Volunteer Time Off to help the nonprofit pack 700 boxes to be delivered to Portland-area families in need on Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
- Hosted Home-Buying Workshop — LP hosted a virtual home-buying workshop to help employees make informed decisions about home ownership. The workshop covered the ins and outs of shopping for a home, working with a real estate agent, getting approved for a mortgage, and more.
- Participated in the Purple Plunge — 19 employees from LP’s Chicago office took a splash into the chilly waters of Lake Zurich and raised more than $7,000 for the local nonprofit cancer charity. As an annual group tradition, employees teamed up with the family of Brian Zinkel, former SEO business development team lead at LP.
- Hosted a Professional Development Training — Ryan Bontemps, LP’s training development specialist, led a professional development workshop to discuss the 16 personality assessments while providing LP employees with tools to reflect on their personality strengths and weaknesses to help them achieve both their personal and professional goals.
- Volunteered for Store to Door — In February, several LPers dedicated their morning to helping the nonprofit fulfill 77 grocery orders, which were then delivered to seniors and adults with disabilities throughout Portland as part of Store to Door’s mission to support independent living.
- Held Company-Wide March Madness Challenge — LP hosted a company-wide fantasy March Madness bracket challenge via ESPN Fantasy Games. College basketball fans had the opportunity to participate in fantasy competitions for the men and women NCAA tournaments with winners taking home gift cards.
- Hosted a Women in Leadership Panel — To celebrate International Women’s Day, LP hosted an internal panel led by Bree Reetz, director of creative; Erica Koch, SMB paid search; and Haley Thatcher, director of paid social strategy. They discussed professional and personal development, career growth, and what it’s like to be a woman in leadership.
- Honored Employee Appreciation Day — In recognition of National Employee Appreciation Day on Friday, March 3, all LP team members were invited to take a paid half day off.
About Logical Position
Logical Position (LP) is a digital marketing agency offering paid search, shopping, and social advertising, search engine optimization, and website design. LP has won consistent accolades as an Inc. 500 company, a Microsoft Advertising Global Channel Partner of the Year, a Premier Google Partner Award Winner, a Fastest Growing Company (Portland Business Journal), a Top Workplace (The Oregonian), a 100 Best Company (Oregon Business) and #3 Best Workplace in the country (Inc.). Headquartered in Lake Oswego, Ore., LP’s team of 900 employees is spread throughout the United States and together they serve more than 8,000 clients.